In order to promote and encourage meritorious students to pursue Post Graduate studies in Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Earth & Geological Science, Computer Science, Biological Science including Biotechnology Govt. of Odisha has introduced a scholarship programme under the aegis of The State Council on Science & Technology, Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Odisha. Read below details to get more information.
Department of Science & Technology, Govt. Of Odisha Details
- Applicant for the scholarship shall be a permanent resident or domicile of Odisha
- Applicant who has passed the regular full time Bachelors Degree Examination with first class Honours or its equivalent from an University/College/institute recognized by Government, in any branch of Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Earth & Geological Science, Computer Science, Biological Science including Biotechnology is eligible to apply for the scholarship. The candidate should be in the 1st year of the conceded P.G regular course at the time of application.
- The applicant must be pursuing two years full time regular mode of Post Graduation studies in any branch of Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Earth & Geological Science, Computer Science, Biological Science including Biotechnology in any Government University/College/institution including Government aided and Autonomous Colleges.
- This Scholarship will be the single scholarship he or she can avail during the postgraduate course. Scholarship is not admissible for a candidate who is in receipt of any other financial assistance from any other source.
- Applicants admitted to self-financing Post Graduate programs are not eligible.
Number of Scholarships: Total number of Scholarship is 232(Two hundred thirty-two)
Amount and tenure of P.G Scholarship: Rupees 2000/- (Two thousand) per month for a period of two years or til completion of Post Graduate studies, whichever is earlier
- For selection, there shall be a written test comprising of subjects (60%) from Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, Earth & Geological Science, Computer Science, Biological Science including Biotechnology.
- English comprehension skill (20%) and Reasoning/ Analytical Aptitude (20%).
- The written test shall be of 2 hours duration. There will be total 60 questions comprising of 36 from subjects, 12 from English Comprehension skill and 12 from reasoning! analytical aptitudes. Each question shall carry 4 (four) marks. One (1) mark would be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The criterion for awarding this scholarship shall be strictly on the merit assessed through the written test.
How to apply:
- Candidates are required 10 apply in the prescribed application form (Appendix-) to the Director, Institute of Mathematics & Applications, Bhubaneswar-751029 by registered post or speed post (not by courier) latest by 24.11.2018.
- Documents to be attached with the application form:-
- Two passport size self attested photographs (b) Permanent Residential Certificate/ Domicile Certificate from the competent authority. (c)Self attested copy of the HSC or ‘equivalent Certificate as an evidence of date of Birth.
- Self attested copy of pass certificate and mark sheet of Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- Certificate from the Head of the Institution showing bonafied of studentship in Post Graduate studies.
- Two self addressed unstamped envelope (23 cm +11 cm).
Date of Written Test: The written test will held on 06. 01.2019 at 2 PM-4.00 P.M at different Examination Centers.
To know about details of the guidelines of the Scholarship Scheme visit the Institute website: http://iomaorissa.ac.in/
Official Advertisement & Application Form: Click Here
Visit Official Website: Click Here