The Higher Education Department, Govemment of Odisha has announced a new financial assistance scheme namely| “Gopabandhu Sikhya Sahayata Yojanar in respect of the students. belonging to families of a) HIV/AIDS affected parents; b) Households without shelter : c) Destiutefiving on alms ; 6) Manual Scavengers ; 7) Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups: 8) Legally released bonded labourers and g) Single mother family pursuing Degree and Post Graduate courses in the Universities and Educational institutions (both Government and Non-Government) from the academic session 2018-19 in pursuance of Department of Higher Education Resolution No. HE-BUD-Policy-0002-2018-1189/ HE dated 16.01.2010.
The financial assistance shall be provided lo students of above categories @ Rs. 20,000/- per annum for their entire course period. The eligibility criteria or this assistance is given below
a) The student must be a permanent resident of Odisha State.
b) The income of the parents of the student from all sources should not excoed Rs. 1.00 lakh per annum.
c) The student must have been admitted for Graduate and Post Graduate course on regular mode from the recognized Colleges! Institutes! Universities in the State
The Resolution containing detailed guidelines and application form are available at web portal of Higher Education Department under URL www.dheodisha.govin. Interested and eligible students shall apply online through www.dheodisha.gov.in and submit their applications with all essential documents to the concerned Principals/Head of Institutions.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH THE APPLICATION
1.Copy of Resident certificate to be issued by the competent authority, i.e. Tahasildar / Addl. Tahasildar.
2. Proof of annual income to bo issued by the competent, authority, i. tho Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasidar or Add. Tahasidar.
3. Copy of Medical Certificate from the concerned Medical Officer regarding suffering from HIVIAIDS, where applicable.
4. Copy of Cartiicate relating to households without shelter from the competent Revenue authority. whero applicable.
5. Copy of Certificate towards being a single mother from District ‘Social Welfare Officer, where applicable.
6. Copy of Certificate being a Destitutefiving on aims from the local Sarpanch / Urban Local Body authority, where applicable
7. Copy of Certificate being a Manual Scavenger from the competent authority, where applicable.
8. Copy of Certificate being a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups from the District Welfare Officer, where applicable.
9. Copy of Certificate being a Legally released bonded labourer from| the District Welfare Officer/District Labour Officer / any competent authority, where applicable.
10. Copy of the Identity card of the student.
11. Legible copy of first page of Bank Passbook of the student ‘wherein the name of student, bank account number & IFSC code is mentioned.
On receipt of the applications, the Institute shall verify the details of the students as per eligibility conditions of the scheme and forward the same to the concerned District Collector for recommendation ton the Higher Education Department.