The Higher Education Department, Govt. Of Odisha invites online application for for award of Jr. Merit / Sr. Merit / P.G Merit / Tech & Professional Merit (Fresh) for the year 208-19 to meritorious students of Odisha for pursuing general course (i.e +2/XII, +3 & P.G. courses) and Technical & Professional course in Non-SAMS institutions (i.e CBSE / ICSE affiliated Schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya, Universities / Management / Engineering & Technical Institution) inside and outside Odisha.
Students studying in colleges under SAMS (Student Academic Management System) need not apply for scholarship online separately as the database is available in the SAMS portal.
- The submission of online application shall commence from: 13th September 2018
- The Closing of online application: 14th October 2018
Odisha Medhabruti Scholarship 2018 Details
||Category of Merit
||No. Of Scholarship
||Rate of Scholarship per Year
||Duration of Scholarship
||Student pursuing Higher Secondary(+2) course / Class XII
||Student pursuing +3 Degree Course (B.A/B.Sc / B.Com) and courses such as BBA/BCA/BJMC etc having duration of 3 years.
||Student pursuing P.G. Course in Arts / Commerce / Science / other Post Graduate course which are of non-professional in non-professional in nature and admission to such P.G. course is Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce
||Tech & Prof. Merit
||As per course duration
||Student pursuing only Undergraduate Professional degree courses and integrated courses mentioned in Appendix-II of the guideline are eligible under this head.
N.B. – The students who have availed Jr. Merit, P.G Merit and Technical & Professional merit for the respective category in the previous selection year(s) need not apply again under same category as they are covered under. Renewal scholarship in current academic session.
- The student must be a permanent resident of the State of Odisha.
- The income of the parents of the student from all sources should not exceed Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum.
- The Student have secured minimum 60 % marks in the last qualifying examination for applying scholarship under different categories of merit.
- Students shall apply for medhabruti only in the first year of joining (1st year of the course undertaken)
- Resident certificate to be issued by the competent authority i.e. Tashildar
- Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority i.e the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tashildar or Tashildar.
- Proof Annual income to be issued by the competent authority, i.e the Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahasildar or Addl. Tahasildar.
- Mark Sheets & certificate of last qualifying examination as required for different categories of merit.
- Bank Account details of the student concerned (First page of bank account containing account number and IFSC).
How to Apply:
- Eligible students of Non-SAMS college are advised to apply online by accessing www.medhabruti.org. Only online applications under the scheme will be accept and no request for accept offline applications will be entertained. While applying online, students should upload the scanned copies of relevant documents.
- After applying online, students are required to submit the printed copy of online application along with relevant documents in the college for validation at the level of Principal.
- Students of SAMS who secured 60 % marks or more will displayed in the concerned colleges Administrator log in. The Administrator needs to upload the required documents after collecting the same from eligible student.
- Applicants are advised to be very careful to mention the accurate Bank Account related information in the specified box of the online application. In case of any wrong entry or mismatch of the S.B. Account & IFSC, this department will not be held responsible for mis-credit / no credit.
- The applications Mobile no and functional email address must be used for submission of the online application. The status of the application will be informed to the applicant’s mobile number and email provide in the online application.
- Submission of more than one application will be summarily rejected. Please ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before the submission. No claim shall be entertained in case of incomplete or non submitted application.
- Online validation at the level of Institution Head / Principal of Institution is mandatory for release of scholarship amount.
- In case of any problem faced by the students at the time of filling up of the application through online, they may refer to FAQ available at Home Page of the website or take the helpline no -0674-2396550(With Toll) or email on [email protected] . For more details please contact Sanjog Helpline (Toll Free) number 155335 / 18003456770.
- Apply Online Medhabruti: Click Here
- Visit Medhabruti Official Website: Click Here