Gangadhar Meher University, Sambalpur Odisha, invites applications from eligible candidates in the prescribed form for admission into Ph.D. programs in Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, Education, Geography, Odia, Political Science, and Zoology for the academic session 2018.
GM University M. Phil. Admission Details Procedure
Course Name: Ph.D
Subject: Chemistry, Commerce, Economics, Education, Geography, Odia, Political Science, and Zoology
a. A Consistently good academic career with not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade at master’s level in the subject for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC (noncreamy layer)/PH candidates.
b. Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/NET/SLET or endowed with UGC teacher Fellowship or Study Leave from the Government of Odisha, DHE are eligible to apply. The candidates who have qualified NET/SLET/ Teacher Fellowship are exempted from entrance test. Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in the aggregate or its equivalent Grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7 point scale are exempted from Entrance Test. A relaxation of 5% marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled.
c. Ph.D course work is a full time course and as such a candidate who is employed cannot be admitted or allowed to continue in the program unless he/she has been duly relieved and produces proof to that effect .
Admission: Admission into Ph.D. Programs shall be based strictly on merit. The merit of a candidate shall be determined on the basis of Career-cum-Entrance Test and Vivavoce. The entrance test will be held on 19.12.2017 (10. am to 11.00 am) followed by viva-voce from 11.30 am onwards.
1. Availability of Application form and Brochures in the University website – 01.12.2017 to 15.12.2017
2. Last date of receiving the hard copy in the University counter or by post – 15.12.2017 (Friday) up to 4.00 P.M.
3. Date of Entrance Examination — 19.12.2017 (Tuesday), Written Test – 10.00 A.M. to 11.00 A.M. (19.12.2017), Interview/ Viva-voce – 11.30 A.M. onwards (19.12.2017)
4. Date of publication of Result – 23.12.2017 (Saturday)
5. Date of 1st Admission — 03.01.2018 (Tuesday)- 11.00 A.M. to 2.00 P.M.
6. Date of 2nd Admission (if seats remain vacant) – 03.01.2018 (After 2.00 P.M.)
7. Commencement of classes — 04.01.2018 (Thursday)
How to Apply:
Candidates should download the Admission Form from the university website www.gmuniversity.ac.in and submit the same with a Bank Draft of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of “The Comptroller of Finance, G. M. University, Sambalpur” and payable at Sambalpur.
Click Here to Download Official Admission Notification
Click Here to Download Information Prospectus of Ph.D.
Click Here For Ph.D. Application Form